Re: [FWDLK] Film stars

Check out the movie "Sweet Bird of Youth" with Elizabeth
Taylor and you'll see my '57 Dodge CRL D500 convert as the
star's car.

The movie company repainted the car black and yellow for the
film so it would show up better, reupholstered the interior
in a non-original yellow and black vinyl to the original
pattern and gave the bumpers a quick re-chrome, left off
some nomenclature and added a funny antenna on the front
fender along with a skid plate under the front frame member.
The car originally came from Hawaii where it spent most of
its life from 1958. It was originally purchased in WI in
1957 before moving to Hawaii a year later.

I am in the process of restoring the car now and hopefully
will have it ready in a year or so. (oh and yes, there is
also a '57 Chev in a brief scene). Not a bad movie either.

Brian
57 Dodge D500s