[FWDLK] 57 Belvedere

All,
       Thanks for the replies on the 57 literature. I got a shop manuel from
Auto lit and after checking my 58 parts book remembered that it also covers
57s.
        I found out about the 57 thru an ad in the local newspaper. All it
said was '57 Belvedere for sale, excellent cond. 23,000 miles." I called and
asked about specifics,but although the gentleman owned the car for about 40
years he wouldn't give me many details ( like whether it was a 4 door or a
hardtop). He wanted me to come and look at it because he knew it was a good
one. As soon as he opened the garage door he had me sold. It is a 2 door
hdtp. The color is a light beige with a brownish/gold roof and side trim. He
told me that he bought it from a friend of his who quit driving around
1959/60 because of old age. It was kept in a garage the whole time and is in
excellent condition both inside and out.
        As I pulled out of his driveway his wife was crying, so I stopped and
told them that they had visiting rights any time they desired. The right
front brake was pulling and it probably needs a new theromast. The temp gage
stayed low and the car would not get warm. Other than that all it needs is a
detail job.
      Can't wait till the weather clears up so we can go for a ride.
                      Jim Woomer
                       58 Fury
                       57 Belvedere