Re: [FWDLK] Exterior mirror

--- George Taylor <gtmp@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't have a specific answer ... but can give a
> kind of MoPar 101 parts #
> course.  #'s were randomly assigned in numerical
> sequences that often reveal
> the era.  1100 #'s  reflected 1942-48 .. 1300's
> early  50's .. 1500 #'s mid
> 50's ,etc.    2100 #'s reflect early 60's.
>
> A  single piece part may contain the part #.  A
> multiple piece part  such as
> a mirror would never reflect a part #.  Any # found
> would be a casting #
> for the particular sub-assembly.  Often times the
> sub-assembly casting #
> will be a few digits off the part #.

This particular mirror is probably '64 or later, the
later the more likely. Pentastars did not show up on
castings until '64 and started showing up in quantity
in '65 and later.

That doesn't mean George's parts number info is wrong.
I've seen the same part number on parts that were
identical in appearence except for the pentastar, FL
logo, or no logo at all...