[FWDLK] Yikes!

Okay, everyone...  go to neutral corners, please.  This round is over...

Everybody needs to relax on this vendor thing.  Officially, our etiquette here
says that posting information about a vendor's service is okay.  It's even okay
to say that you didn't like the vendor's attitude, the vendor's products, the
vendor's service, or the fact they used environmentally unfriendly packaging
materials.

However, there should never be any name calling or unsubstantiated slander of a
vendor regardless of his/her service.

Is it fair to have to pay return shipping on a product that, for whatever reason,
you are dissatisfied with?  No, it's not fair at all.  However, it's common
business practice, and very much the norm.  UPS/FedEx/Airborne will generally pay
the return shipping (if you ask them nicely) if an item was damaged in
transport.  Consider it a risk of mail order.

Perhaps the person who started this thread was trying not to publicly embarrass a
vendor who is on our list?  We have about 15 vendors online with us, so it's
possible.  At least the vendor took the item back and refunded the original
purchase price and the shipping to the customer.  MANY vendors would not, as we
all know.

In any event, please don't use the list to attack anyone -vendor or list member-
about anything.  Private email is the best choice for that.

-Dave
'58 Plymouth Savoyvedere
'81 Disassembled something or other