[FWDLK] promo models

Hi Guys,

Can somebody tell me why promo models command such amazingly high prices, I've just seen one go for over $200
This to me seems like a lot of money to pay for a model of a car when companies like Modelhaus produce resin bodies of quite a variety of FWDLK cars.
I collect 1/43rd models such as Western and Brooklin. Are there collectors of just promos?
I also build 1/24th kits which obviously includes painting etc but it appears that 'collectors' buy promos but leave them as they are. Is this right?
How come you can get unbuilt and built promos, Did the dealer give away both?

Lastly, Does anybody know of a replica 59 Plymouth Suburban, either 1/24th or 1/43rd.

Regards
Ian, U.K.based FWDLKer
ian-rubrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1961 New Yorker Coupe