Re: [FWDLK] '59 Chrysler starter

Anyone out there know if a starter from a later 413 engine (or 440)
will work on a '59 Chrysler New Yorker?  According to my parts books,
1889200 will work beginning in '59.  My books only go up to '62 and
the number is the same.  What's in the car now is a 1889100 which has
chewed up teeth on the starter.  The flywheel seems fine, so I am
assuming that the starter is not for this engine.  The 1889100 is
supposedly for a '61 318 engine.   thanks for any info.   Nick Nichols