[FWDLK] Rust areas and cars

We all know where the rust starts/is, bottom of door panels, rockers,
headlight buckets and back splash pans where dirt collects and holds
moisture, often around windshield trim where it doesnt drain, and floors if
there are interior leaks or used in damp climates.  Likewise at exterior trim
holes where the fastners chafe the paint off...

Years past after
reinstalling trim I used ziebart to dip the fastners in and let em dry before
installing then brush applied after installation to daub up those areas and
wiped it off clean while still damp sealing any metal chafed by poping in the
fastner.  If U talk nice to local rustproofer they might sell U a pint of
that nice  wax based rustproofing that remains resilient for years, not
undercoating of course!  Nowadays some of it is clear, not dark brown like
the original was...

Tho it was AZ car, still some floor rust on my 56 wagon.  None elsewhere tho.
62 Ply Savoy 2 dr post bought new- Akron- removed front fenders in 65 and
lots of rust on backsides.  No undercoat, just a light factory coat of paint.
66 cuda bought new- Michigan-  No rust problems but sold it after 3 yrs .
71 Audi bot new- Michigan- Noticed some rust after 2.5 years and removed
front fenders, fine German steel fenders lots of rust on backside.

Nothing is/was said about metal quality, esp when a war was going on.  The
55/56's often had a trim quality problem due to low grade stainless thanks to
the Korean war effort, maybe trickled over into 57?

Seems like a recent new vehicle, wuzzit my Nissan 'I aint got no name' king
cab pickup?  After 18 months all the hangers underneatl were badly
rusted/corroded, like they were never painted or protected.

Just keeps us all out of our wife's way I guess...

L.