[FWDLK] 55 Model year

To all,
  When in Chickasha, OK a couple of years ago, I bought this Feb 1955
edition of the Popular Mechanics.  It has 48 pages on all the 1955 cars
of that year.  But it also has The Diary of a New Car.  They show
pictures of the first stages of the 55 Plymouth from its first drawing
to the clay mock up to the finished product with Virgil Exner getting
out of it.  It all started on May 15, 1952 when the Chrysler executives
met to plan the 1955 models.  And goes thru the years until November 17,
1954 to when the public sees the 55 Plymouth for the first time--30
months after the initial meeting on May 15, 1952.  It has 14 pictures
including the 3/8 size clay model of the 55 Plymouth and also 1 picture
of the 1955 Dodge.  These older magazines like these sometimes have some
real interesting history in them.
   Well just because I took the day off doesn't mean I need to ramble
off.  I need to go out and plow my drive way now with my 68
International 4X4 with the 50 International cab on it.  Almost need a
ladder to get in to it.
Jack  55 Plymouth