[FWDLK] 61 Dodge Phoenix

Hi Folks,
On my way to Texas last week for a dog meet, spotted this 61 Phoenix, 2 door
hardtop, a few miles out of Tucumcari, NM.  It had $1200 shoe polished on
the back window.  Looked good from a distance so vowed to take a look at it
on the way back.

It was parked in a yard surrounded by chain link.  I could view all of the
car except the front grill.  It is white (pretty faded), but all trim
appears to be intact, no signs of rust.  The lower left hand side of trunk
lid and deck below showed signs of bondo cracking, no doubt an old collision
repair.  All tires were inflated and the wheels looked nice, don't think
stock, but later type factory sport wheels.  Interior from what I could see
looked good.  The Phoenix has two tail light lenses on each side, 1 was
broken.  The right front fender had some dents that looked like a tire had a
vicious blow out and caused the outward dents.  The trunk lock was missing.
The windshield was cracked severely on the passenger side, but no holes/fall
through.  The body looked to be in excellent shape, no signs of rust along
quarter panels or rockers.

The car was a Torqueflite, no engine size indicators on car, but standard
engine in Phoenix was 318, with options of 361 with 2 or 4 barrel.

Looks like the car could drive away, but obviously I couldn't tell if it
runs.

The yard was locked but a sign was up on building saying "all old cars for
sale".  There were also two Henry J's, one in good shape; also a '46-48
Chevy 2 door sedan (may be a '41).

If anyone has an interest and wants directions and a tel # I found on
building, email me privately.

Jack Lewis-56 Fury
Golden Fin Society
reatawhippets@worldnet.att.net