[FWDLK] Mirror query

Hi all,
Can anybody help me with a query I have.
I need to get the rear view mirror (non-remote) on the '59 Plymouth rechromed, I'm assuming that I'll need to remove the actual mirror lens from the body first. but how does it come out ? or is it actually removeable ?
It looks to me like it was fitted at the factory during assembly and is not removeable.
I am in doubt as to whether it could be chromed with the mirror lens in situ.

Anybody know how it's done.

Regards
Ian,
ian-rubrey@yanktanks..freeserve.co.uk