Re: [FWDLK] marking tag

My response is based on '57 Chrysler information but because it
is so similar, I think you will find it applicable.

Each major piece of interior, whether seat cushion or door panel
or quarter panel was originally identified when it came from the
outside supplier to Chrysler by something like what you see.

My 300C door and quarter panels are ink stamped in a similar
manner.  I'm sure the DS relates to DeSoto.
Some portion of that is the trim code (perhaps 468?) which
indicates which colors and materials to be consistent throughout
the interior of your car and match the paint option.  CL CP is
for club coupe without question.  The S before that is the Code
for the DeSoto series.  Indeed S-22 is the '55 Firedome.

Chrysler by '57 was using American Auto Felt Corp. as its
supplier.  I don't know if this was true for DeSoto in '55.  If
you take one of your door or quarter panels off, take a close
look for rubber stamp info.

It is unusual 45 years later to find one of the tags still
attached to the seats.  SAVE IT!

Wayne