Re: [FWDLK] Minnesota Was Great! (loooooong)

Re: [FWDLK] Minnesota Was Great! (loooooong)

Mike,

You should have seen them before they crushed most of their stuff around
1990! Windy Hills had 14,000 cars, most of them 50's. More than an entire
square mile carpeted with cars parked in rows like a parking lot. No trees,
just rolling prairie, thus "Windy Hills". In the early 1980s, I had a 57
Buick Roadmaster. I went to Windy Hills looking for the small stuff that
always disappears over the life of a car. I noticed a large population of
57s, so I started to count them. I gave up at 50 and I was not even through
half the yard. I figured at least a hundred 57 Buicks. Every 50's make was
just as well represented. They saved 6 to 10 of the least picked over of
each year and make. About 90% became crusher food.

French Lake did the same about 1995. They had 12,000 cars, mostly 50's. They
crushed about 70% of the old stuff.

Both have reasonable prices. I make a pilgrimage to one or the other every
year.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500