[FWDLK] 1955 Belvedere

Just joined in. I think this is great. I own a 1955 Plymouth V8 Belvedere 4 door. I bought the car in Milton, Ontario, Canada in 1982. Everybody asked if there was something wrong with me? As the car had 4 door and it was not even a convertible. My answer was that the car was solid (no body work needed) and it only had 30,000 miles and would start and run. The car came from Georgia and the tires were replaced with the cheapest whitewalls available at the time. I was going to fix the car myself as this ad been a life long dream. To finally own an old car and restore it myself. Someone said to me, if you want to do this start with a solid car first. In 1993 I got the car back from a restorer and have never looked back. I have won several minor awards for the car including my favorite, "PEOPLE CHOICE" at a Mopar meet. All we did to the car so far is paint it. No major repairs all we did was change the 6 volt battery. I feel privileged to with such a bunch of good people like yourself.
I hope I didn't put you to sleep but in southern Ontario I am sort of a loner.
Thanks Mario