Re: [FWDLK] Brakes- when to upgrade if U can lock em?

Re: [FWDLK] Brakes- when to upgrade if U can lock em?

Lars,

When I replaced the original brake linings on my Dodge, I noticed a
significant drop in the braking and a serious increase in pedal pressure.
This is due to the modern brake linings mandated by our friends at the EPA.
No more asbestos. I then installed an original 56 power brake set up. The
car now stops just like a modern car with normal pedal pressure.

Does anyone know where to find information on the different types of lining
materials available today? Do hard long lasting "premium" linings designed
for power brakes cause this? Would less expensive linings be softer and
require less pedal pressure? Do we care if they only last 30,000 miles
instead on 60,000 on a car driven 1000 miles a year?

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500