Re: [FWDLK] Brakes- when to upgrade if U can lock em?

Re: [FWDLK] Brakes- when to upgrade if U can lock em?

>From: David Homstad <dhomstad@FIELD-WORKS.COM>
>To: L-FORWARDLOOK@LISTS.PSU.EDU
>Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Brakes- when to upgrade if U can lock em?
>Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 19:11:54 -0500
>
>Lars,
>
>When I replaced the original brake linings on my Dodge, I noticed a
>significant drop in the braking and a serious increase in pedal pressure.
>This is due to the modern brake linings mandated by our friends at the EPA.
>No more asbestos. I then installed an original 56 power brake set up. The
>car now stops just like a modern car with normal pedal pressure.
>
>Does anyone know where to find information on the different types of lining
>materials available today? Do hard long lasting "premium" linings designed
>for power brakes cause this? Would less expensive linings be softer and
>require less pedal pressure? Do we care if they only last 30,000 miles
>instead on 60,000 on a car driven 1000 miles a year?
>
>Dave Homstad
>56 Dodge D500

Pardon me for buttin' in, but have you considered the possibility that
whomever installed the new shoes didn't bother to arc them to the drums?
(Probably doesn't know how, if it was one of these kids nowadays that just
slap things together).  At least that is what it sounds like to me.

Karl <61 300G>