Re: [FWDLK] Brakes- when to upgrade if U can lock em?

Re: [FWDLK] Brakes- when to upgrade if U can lock em?

Are "Sintered Iron" brake linings still available?  I used them on my
non-power '57 Plymouth brakes (All those years ago) and had good luck with
them in the Pasadena, Ca. area.  Went down hills and didn't fade.  The only
trouble I had with them was during my first test ride down the hill,  About 5
or 6 miles.  When I tried to make them fade on purpose.  There was no fade,
but I got them so hot they burnt the brake cylinder rubbers off and I took
all the temper out of the pullback springs!

Ah, Youth!!!!!

Joe Savard
Back in flat old Lake Orion, Mi.