[FWDLK] Torqueflite shifting problem

I too have a shifting problem.  Just yesterday I reinstalled my steering column/box in my 59 Plymouth after repairing a leak.  Steering works fine but now transmission won' t shift properly.  It won't go into 3rd gear.  Fluid is fine.  Before taking it on test run for steering I did spray WD-40 up behind dash where push buttons operate because they seemed kind of "sticky".  So I am stumped - did I inadvertently unhook something while removing or reinstalling column/box or is the WD-40 somehow the culprit.  Got to keep these fins on the road.  Thanks for any advice.  John