[FWDLK] Yellow Whitewalls and Cracked Tires

[FWDLK] Yellow Whitewalls and Cracked Tires

Greetings!

As a former tire store manager, let me offer the following caution:

DON'T USE ARMOUR ALL ON TIRES!  NEVER!  Not on the black part, not on the
whitewalls.  Armour All dries out the rubber, and causes premature checking
and cracking of the surfaces.  There are two products which can be used
safely on tires:

Whitely's Whitewall Cleaner - Powerful stuff, also great for cleaning heavily
soiled vinyl interiors.  DO NOT use on painted surfaces - rinse it off
immediately if it gets on paint.  Sort of a super 409/Fantastik kind of
stuff.  I've used it for years, doesn't yellow, and you don't have to use
steel wool, which can dull the whitewall by leaving scratches.  This stuff is
also great for rubber/vinyl floor mats, etc.  I used it to clean mildewed
white vinyl upholstery and filthy black rubber flooring in my 59 Dodge, and
they came out like new.

Silicone Tire Shine - There are a lot of different products like this out
there - essentially, a liquid silicone spray.  Unlike Armour All, this does
not dry out.  Leaves a really nice shine and also helps keep the rubber
flexible.  Dust sticks to it, so after a week or so, you need to wash the
tire and respray it (if you drive the car) to get it shiny and black again.