[FWDLK] No starting

Ed, this may be dumb, but I had a problem when I r&r'd the motor in my Savoy
(6 cyl)
when I put the ignition wires back on the car, I put them in the order that
was listed in the chilton book I had and the car wouldn't start, after
checking everything and then looking at a original plymouth manual. the
chilton book had the nuber one spot on the cap one position off from where
it should have been.
I would check that and the firing order

Nick
> Hello Forward Lookers,
>
> I have run out of options in trying to start my 56 Fury with a 303 engine.
This
> is what I have done so far.
>
> Engine has been rebuilt.
> Installed a dual quad setup.
> The WCFB carbs are professionally rebuilt. These are the same carbs on the
57
> Fury.
> Intake and exhaust valves were set COLD.  I plan to regap them once warmed
up.
> Timing is set at TDC.  I used a timing light to verify.
> Used a compression tester to insure we are on the compression stroke when
firing
> and that the distributor is not 180 degrees out.
> New coil, I have great spark
> New wires and each spark plug wire fires.  Verified with the timing light
on
> each wire.
> Dual point distributor is gapped correctly
> New spark plugs, Autolite 86
> Engine turns over easily.
>
> The car wants to start but doesn't.  I get about one second of combustion.
> have crank it so much I have gas from the tank to the front now.  These
were
> brand new lines on a ground up restoration.  I have flooded it and change
spark > plugs to a dry set.  It tries to start but floods out again.  I have
turn the