Re: [FWDLK] No starting

Nick,
First be sure you have the plug wires in the correct firing order and in the
right direction on the dist. cap.  then get the number one cylinder up on
compression and set you timing mark on a few degrees advance.  Then pull the
dist cap off and check that the rotor is pointing tothe #1 plug wire terminal.
Loosen the distributor, turn the ign. on, pull the coil wire from the  cap and
hold it close to a ground on the engine. Move the distributor to retard
(clockwise with dist. in the rear of the engine) and then very slowly turn it to
advance until the coil wire sparks.  Now your timing is set statically and it
will start. Your problem sounds like the spark is real retarded.  This procedure
will get you within a few degrees of correct timing.
Gary