[FWDLK] 1959 Dodge Engine/Tranny

Hello all-

I recieved so many replies to my plea for help, that it would be easier to
reply to the list.

Thanks for all of your help; the proplem was that pesky bolt behind the torque
converter that held the bell housing to the block.

My mechanic friend is still trying to talk me into putting the '68 383 in the
car.  I really want to put the original engine back in, but he says that
because they only made the 326 for 1 year that parts will be very expensive.
We aren't entirely sure of the condition of the motor; we are going to tear
down the bottom half of the motor the end of this week, and send it to the
Napa machine shop to be tanked.

I recall someone saying that 318 pistons will work in a 326 bored 40 over.  Is
this true?  Also, is there a place that I can get a rebuild kit for this motor
for a reasonable price?

Thanks again,

Eric Skowron