Re: [FWDLK] Rear Drum/hub question

Del,
I would seriously doubt if the hub being loose on the axle has worn
either the hub or the axle enough to cause the drum to be too far in.
Could happen though if it was real loose for a long time. Chances are
that the last time the drum was machined, it wasn't cut far enough in
(pretty common) or your brake shoe hold down springs are weak.  I've
seen lots of these type hubs loose, but never one worn to the point to
cause the problem you describe. The washer under the nut is just a big
flat washer and the nut castellations line up with a hole in the axle
for a cotter pin.  I would check at a good parts store for the seal
kit.  Last time I needed one they were still available. If the hub is
actually worn, you'll need to find another one-no cure.  good luck,
Gary