[FWDLK] 1957 Horn wiring

In trying to get the horn to work in my 57 Dodge I discovered the wire from
the horn pad to the horns is gone. I don't think there is a Relay since I
can't find one. There was a piece of a wire from the Horn switch that went
down the middle of the steering column but when I pulled it, it came out and
seemed that it used to be taped at the other end. One time I change the
signal switch and those wires were easy to run since they went down the
steering column but along the side. (off center) It seemed like the horn wire
went right down the middle into the Steering Box, Is that right?
Help!