[FWDLK] Sway bar bushings

I just came in from the garage, the front end rebuild on the 56 Savoy is
complete, all that's left is bleed the brakes, install the sway bar and send
it for alignment and clean up the huge mess in the garage. This has to
absolutely be the messiest job I've ever done on the car.
 The power steering will come next month.
This leads me to my last (hopefully) front end question.
I'm changing the sway bar bushings
What the best method for changing the bushing inside the bracket that bolts
to the frame. To be honest, I did one side. I just wammered off the bracket
and all, sown the sway bar, around the curve and off, then I put the bracket
in a vise and peeled the old bushing out. The new bushing was really tough
to get it, it almost seemed like it was too big. I had to pinc it itn with a
putty knife and then press is in and pinch at the same time with the vise.
Once the bushing was in the brakcet, the hole for the sway bar was no longer
round. I took it and started it on the end of the sway bar, then had to use
the wammer again to get it all the way on the bar. Then finally, I greased
the bar and work the bracket till it was back in place. I'm not sure if this
was the best method, so I decided to wait on the other side till after I
asked thie question.

Thanks
Nick Sperduto
N.J.