Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 10 May 2000 to 11 May 2000

Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 10 May 2000 to 11 May 2000 (#2000-135)

I am currently on my forth teenage driver.  And, yes, I cringe when one of
them gets in the car to drive.  Their mother doesn't want them in 40 year old
cars, tons of steel or not.  To solve the problem have discovered the
Acclaim/Spirit cars.  Their beginning to age, so you can pick them up cheap
(2G's).  They have driver side air bags.  They made a zillion of them so
parts are cheap and plentiful.  Repairs are less expensive because they are
relatively simple for frontwheel drive, and the junkyards are full of them.
I think they are better built than their Ford of GM counterparts.  They sit
tall, so old f*rts like me can get in and out easily.  They handle great and
with the V-6 they go like a bat!  I had an old Dynasty for my ungrateful son,
but he hated the lumbering slowness and sloppy handling.  Through a series of
mishaps we got him a 91 Ply. Acclaim and he loves it.  Plus, his mother is
happy.  So once again, Mopar to the rescue.