Re: [FWDLK] '55 dodge royal-carb problem

Re: [FWDLK] '55 dodge royal-carb problem

I'm gonna guess the MTBE in newer gas is doing a
number on the carb -- I've had that problem with a
couple of out-of-storage cars myself.

Old gas was always potentially nasty but I don't
remember it being this bad before MTBE.

--- jerry lyons <jero78@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, I have a '55 dodge royal lancer with the red
> ram engine. Up until a couple years ago it ran
> silent and strong, then it just quit one day on the
> road, 75k original, driven once or twice a year
> scince around 1984. We thought it was the fuel pump,
> so it was replaced. It did actually start after
that,