Re: [FWDLK] '55 dodge royal-carb problem

Re: [FWDLK] '55 dodge royal-carb problem

Jerry,

It sounds to me like a classic case of the needle valve in the carburetor
being clogged with something that is holding the needle off of the seat.  I
don't remember exactly when the corporation went from solid steel needle
valves to "Viton" (rubber tipped) needles but it was about that time.  There
was some contamination being built into the gas tank/fuel line, etc. and
brand new cars exhibited the same symptoms.  we cured it by using a more
compliant rubber tip that would seal around  dirt for a short period.

I suggest a filter change and removing the top of the carb to clean trash out
of the filter bowl.  at the same time, check the needle valve, it would be a
good time to replace with Viton tip if it hasn't already done.

Good luck!

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, Mi.