Re: [FWDLK] 1955 Custom Sierra Wagon

Stig,

To quote from "The Dodge Story", by Thomas A. MacPherson, page 173:

"Available as a 2 or 3-seat wagon, the Royal Sierra was the top wagon
offering for Dodge in 1955.  The Royal Sierra Custom was added in mid-
year and was their tops.  It had Lancer styling and chrome rear fins."

No further information is given.  I have not seen these models on any
other listing, and I cannot find any production figures for it.  I do know
that 5,506 Royal Sierra wagons were built (2-seat and 3-seat combined).
It is quite possible the Royal Sierra Custom figures are included with
the Royal Sierra.

Do you know what the model number and VIN is?  The Royal Sierra was
model D55-2.  I would be interesting to find out where the Royal Sierra
Custom was a model D55-2 (as I suspect) or a D55-3 (the Custom Royal
model number).

I would be interested in jpegs of the vehicle.  Do you have any of the
interior as well?  Would be interesting to find out if it used the Royal
or Custom Royal interior.

Bill W

> Can somebody on the list help me with some info about this model? It
does'nt apear in any of the salesliterature that I have seen, and not in the
Standard catalog of Chrysler.
> It's a fourdoor with three tone paint and Lancer trim, Custom Royal
healightdoors and taillights, Royal script on the frontfenders together with
the custom medallion. Also the Custom wings on the rearfenders. It seems
like the real thing and not a "custom built" model.
> Any info about this model and productionnumbers are preciated! Jpegs of
the car can be e-mailed on request.