Re: [FWDLK] 58 Chrysler brake booster rebuilders?

--- Richard Woodside <rwoodside@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was just given an estimate of US$315 to rebuild
> the power brake booster for my 58 Chrysler
> New Yorker wagon. Apparently, the rubber bellows
> is going to cost a lot.
>
> Anybody actually had one of these bellows types
> rebuilt recently for significantly less? Or any
> other suggestions?

Quality Brake Supply in San Francisco just rebuilt one
of these (or actually, sent it out to be rebuilt, I
know not where) for a friend's '59 Imperial for under
$150 US. I think even with shipping both ways they
might be cheaper, though I don't know the rate
difference between Minneapolis and Up There...