Re: [FWDLK] DeSoto Cars For Sale with strings attached

van Hoy wrote:

> Maybe it's time for this list to firm up some standards for classified
> sellers?  As far as I'm concerned, if you have a car to sell fine, if I want
> it and can afford it I'll buy it [and deal with my wife's wrath later].

Well, I hate to lay down rules.  Our government has over 30,000 laws on the
books, but that doesn't stop any crime from happening.

We have around 350 folks on our list now, and we've all managed to keep a fairly
pleasant environment, without much political fighting or the like.  I believe a
big part of this success is that we all rely on our own good common sense in
judgement, instead of waiting for someone to legislate a list of "can" and
"can'ts".  Common sense goes a long way for helping any group stay together.

To relate this to the list a bit more, I think that Russell's email about Leslie
Howard was -not- meant to embarass/coerce/insult Mr. Howard in any way, but
rather was meant to inform our group about the extent of the problems occurring
in the NDC at present.  I was unaware that any such problems existed.  It seems
though, that they have gotten as bad as the 300 Club split of a few years back,
where some folks won';t even talk to others because of their membership in a
'rival' club.  Hopefully amends can be made soon with both factions and a
peaceful resolution to their debates will be found.

-Dave