[FWDLK] Focussing on foreign cars, not Mopars

[FWDLK] Focussing on foreign cars, not Mopars

I heard there was a Stanford study that determined incompetent people
are the last to know about their condition.

Richard

Hi John,
    Hmmm. Mr Whitehead responds pretty quick to negative comments. I wish he
responded to his telephone as quickly, could have saved him some
embarrassment.
    FYI John, I left several messages over the past 6 months and got
no response
from him. The original lenses came and all the edges were rough and chewed up
indicating a problem with extraction from the mold, the right rear being the
worse.Looking at the surface of the lenses,  you can see that the
mold was wavy
on the flat surfaces. I called and they acknowledged the problems and did say
they would send out another set asap and I should just throw these away(that's
what they thought of the set they sent to me). I was satisfied by
the phone call
and proceded to wait for them to repair the molds.  6 mths, several phone
messsages with no response.  I did fax him with the warning about exposure to
the Mopar community and lo and behold a right rear corner lense
turns up 4 days
later, worse than the others. He calls this perfect, bubbles in the
plastic and
edges that are chunked off broken, god only knows what he rejects. I didn't
bother calling back as it seemed to be a waste of my time to reach him as
before, so I just chawked it up with the 300 bucks to another one of THOSE
people who I won't recommend. If he is customer orientated, than an answering
machine shouldn't be used as a buffer zone to ignore people who have paid for
merchandise and are not happy campers.
    I'm sure that by his note to you, that he probably is trying,
but he has too
many oars in the water and is spinning in circles so quality
suffers. The 66 300
lenses are not a simple piece as you know, and with what I know about molds he
is into it for some dough. 300 bucks for a set is right up there, so if he can
charge it, he should deliver a good product period. Several people complaining
all at once should prove something, especially as we are the customers...
John Photakis

"John J. Hertog" wrote:

 Hi, John, Bob, Pete...
 Received following letter from Gary Whitehead. (sorry about typo's retyping
 it. )
 This is FYI. ; pass on if you want.
 John

6/20/00

 First I must apologize for not getting back to you. AS you don't know I
 suspect. I am involved in two other businesses and recent time constraints
 have prevented me from following up as carefully as I should. I certainly
 didn't mean to ignore you.

 Second, we have been experiencing difficulties with the mold of the
 61Chrysler tail and the expense has been enormous, hence the delay.

 > Third, I am shocked that John Photakis has written that note, but I can't
 > stop people from telling stories. The truth is that I sent the set of 4
 > lenses several month's ago to him and when he complained about the RIGHT
 OUTER, I promised a replacement. he was advised that the process would take
 awhile and I offered a refund if he wanted it.

 He was sent a replacement RIGHT OUTER and I know it was perfect. I also have
 another member of the Chrysler 300 Club - David Bailey @ (847) 223 9144 who
 can confirm this since he is the one who sold me the original sets in the
 first place. I actually didn't even want to make these lenses in the 2st
 palcve which is why I bought them from him. My net profit was O for this
 transaction, for the record. I simply wanted to carry this lens, though in
 short supply. Now I hear that Mr Photakis is upset, yet he hasn't called to
 request a refund which is exactly what he should do. he is disgusted yet he
 hasn't returned the lenses nor called and he never
 faxed me any sort of letter EVER . I sent him a replacemenet because it is
 the correct thing to do, it's that simple.
 Richard Main... interesting guy, he's complianing becasue I dont'; have what
> he wants Of course I never promised an exact date and my ads defining June
 as the date is not being repeated unitil they are done What could he
 possibly be annoyed about? I certainly never took a deposit and have never
 asked for one as some sort of advance.

 What's up he asks ? I am veruy busy with priorities that serve this business
 and my other interests. Production is slow because it is very expensive and
 not as profitable as my other interests . Because of this I have
 reconsidered my focus on lenses offering only those where there is tru
 market interest where pricing will actually earn a repsectable profit.
 Others will not be made.

 This business is an imperfect one like any other. We try our best and
 sometimes that simply is not enough Sometimes people think they can enter
 gossip on the internet and that';s going to accomplish something. It;'s not
 uncommon for any business to experience complaints, . My policy is that
 anyone who requests a certain lens will be put on a list and will be
 telephoned when the product is ready.,  No deposit is ever requested up
 front. When the product is available for sale, if the customer wants the
 product they are charged at that time ONLY with full refund offered if not
 fully satisfied including all shipping charges.

 I will remain in this business because most of the itme it is a very
 pleasurable small operation and things are coming together with a varietty
 of lenses in the upcoming months. However my focus will be increasing toward
 the foreign and wholesale markets. Very little advertising and interaction
 with the retail customer wil be done

 I trust you understand my thoughts better in this hastily written letter,
 Thank you for your continuing kindness , ect...

Sincerely

Gary Whitehead