[FWDLK] Rear end question

Hi all.

I have a little question regarding an extra rear end that I received along with an 56 Dodge a while ago. At the first eye it looks simular to the end on the 56 Dodge, but after a closer look, I saw that I have an brackett and an bumper rubber mounted in front over the flange (as on the "bigger" 56 models?). The flange is not the "flat" type, but the "U-bolt" type. And, it has holes in the shields for the hand brake cables. I was told that it was for an "newer" Mopar, but don't know how new. I haven't found any casting no's only an X in one side of the housing. It's missing the drums and shoes. Anyone know what it might fit, or even if it is an Mopar end or have some ideas for things to look for trying to determinate it? My 55-57 parts book can't help, but I hope that some of you can.

Stein Erik Tveter
Norway
Moparman@xxxxxxx