[FWDLK] Plymouth and POC Spring Meet Report

[FWDLK] Plymouth and POC Spring Meet Report

Title: Plymouth and POC Spring Meet Report

I finally turned my FL calendar over to July, and behold! the Frega's '56 Plymouth...and then for today (07/07) the trivia note, "1928: First Plymouth formally introduced to the public."

BTW, took my freshly-painted (Tampa Turquoise w/ Bimini Blue-Green roof) '55 Belvedere 4-door sedan to the Plymouth Owners Club meet in Rapid City, SD last weekend.  Since we decided to make it a camping trip, we had the car stuffed (literally) with gear and supplies, 3 kids (aged 5 and under), me, and my wife.  Overall we and the car did good.  The flathead 6 hummed flawlessly for the 1,200-mile trip.  We cruised at an indicated 65-70 mph, engine spinning at 2800-2900 rpm (looking forward to installing overdrive!).  The ride was comfortable, but with a bit of front end sway on some large pavement undulations.  Even though there is superb ventilation with the cowl vent and vent windows, the hot, dry air made the high-plains travel tiring.  From our home in Lamar, CO, we traveled US-385 most of the way to and from the meet.

There was a decent showing of FL Plymouths at the meet, including 4 '55s, 2 '56s, a '57, 3 or 4 '59s, and a couple '60s.  Didn't see any '58s or '61s.  I took some 35mm pics, but haven't developed them yet.  FL member Lee Lape was co-chairman of the meet.  He and the POC Prairie Region did a good job organizing it.  And the weather was beautiful (but hot), with a brief rain storm occurring only on Saturday night during the banquet.  Next year's POC Spring Meet is scheduled for June 12-14 in southwestern Wisconsin.

Jason Rogers.