[FWDLK] '61 NYer station wagon in the U.K.

[FWDLK] '61 NYer station wagon in the U.K.

Hi all,
I've just seen the saddest sight of my life.
A friend has recently hauled a '61 New Yorker wagon off of a farm where it has stood for 25 years after suffering fire damage following an arson attack and it has been wasted.
The story goes that this wagon was brought over to the U.K. some time around the early '60's and used as everyday transport by a kids TV host, around '72ish it got sold to a farmer who also used it everyday until one night someone set fire to a barn, completely destroying the building and all it's contents and damaging two cars parked next to it, one being the wagon.
All the front end up to the firewall got burned before the fire was extinguished, the farmer kept the car, for reasons only farmers know, and refused numerous offers from people wishing to rescue the car.
Upon his recent death my friend heard about the car and approached his widow who sold the car for it's scrap value, after sitting outside for 25 years since the fire, the car nearly collapsed when hauled up onto the flatbed.
A car that once boasted dual air-con, power everything, total luxury, reduced to rust.
This car could have been restored if it had got into the right hands earlier, now it can only yield a few, a very few spare parts.
I'm a sucker for saving fwdlk cars, especially rare ones like this, but I must admit I did feel a bit watery eyed when I first saw the wagon.

Why do farmers insist on keeping things that they obviously don't want?
(Chrysler Corporation Club U.K.)
1961 New Yorker coupe
1959 Custom Suburban station wagon