Re: [FWDLK] metallic paint

>How do they paint the back of items like the steering wheel insert?<

There is an article in the June 2000 issue of Auto Restorer that gives
advice for the refurbishing of nameplates. For the ones that have clear
plastic insert badges, they say to first clean the old paint, paint with a
Candy Color which is transparent, then a second coat of silver. Paint should
be available at a hobby shop. Be sure to use an enamel paint as a lacquer
based paint will damage the plastic.  If anyone wants the complete article,
contact me privately and I can send it to you.
Dan Merritt
'60 Dodge Dart