Re: [FWDLK] sway bars

Hi 'NICK'.
Where are you located. ???.
I am from the era of the 30's, 40's, 50's & 60's.
I grew up in Flint Michigan the home of G.M. My Father started out with
Walter P. Chrysler in 1924. I was born in 1925. Needless to elaborate that
we were a Chrysler family when we moved to Detroit in the early 1930's.
 My Father was an executive in charge of the paint department for Chrysler.
Those were the days when car striping was done with a camel hair brush by
hand. We have owned many early Chrysler's from the 'Airflows' to the last of
the luxury quality produced in 1971. The 1955 models which were created by
Virgil Exner, in my opinion were of the very best quality of them all. Our
55 Chrysler, Windsor, Deluxe' Spitfire', coupe, is 17 ½ feet long, from
bumper to dual exhaust
extensions. I watched Tim Flock win with the' 55' Chryslers on the Detroit
tracks. They were awesome, rugged master pieces of engineering. Our 1971
with 440 c.i.d. is one of the longest American production car ever built in
this Country. It is 19 ½ feet long. ?? With special factory features &
original m.s.r.p. sticker.
Our 55 ' coupe', has factory stainless steel O/S visor, dual exhausts &
round backup lights. The style & comfort is all king size. On long trips it
is superb. The O/S trim is stainless steel. I have seen 'spitfire' engines
with over 250,000 miles, where by the heads had never been off. They were
subsequently installed as indoor engines for power boats. They are almost
indestructible, if taken care of properly. I am a private pilot & believe in
first class maintenance for my vehicles. The original owner who is deceased
was a mechanical engineer. His service records, maintenance & replacement of
normal parts is very detailed. Everything is complete & factory stock,
except he added a electric fuel pump, in addition to the manual pump. When
in extreme high temperature area's, it avoids the problem of vapor lock.
Clear plastic seat covers have also been added.
The car has the same cooling system as the high performance lettered 300 of
that year. H/D radiator, shrouded & extra multi bladed fan.
The engine can idle in hot weather & remain cool.
It is a California car with no rust & has been garaged since new. It was
special ordered from the factory, purposely with out the future problems of
power accessories.
It has power steering, power brakes, dash mounted automatic transmission
selector, no power windows, no power seats, no air conditioning.
( a friend in the auto A/C business, wants to install air conditioning
for a very low price, however we do not use air conditioning & feel it would
subtract from the originality of the car.) The car is not loaded down with
many extra's. It is very rugged, simple, luxurious, dependable, excellent
designed, straight forward, simple to maintain & reasonably economical.
We cruise the highways to Palm Springs each year with it to visit my sister.
The original factory paint is 'sierra red top & sand cream body'. it is a
head turner. The ride is the absolute finest with big heavy extra padded
seats, a massive steering wheel. The radio is functional & original.
The inside smells factory new. The gas mileage, if driven at 65 or under is
excellent. You can use regular gas with the 'spitfire engine', however I use
the middle grade. The car has factory oil-lite H/D bearings & plated piston
rings. Factory over sized brakes, with safety rims. A list of factory
specifications is available to buyer. The wide white wall tires are new.
Due to health, serious loss of sight, age, etc. my fond hopes are to find
appreciative, serious buyers. My family may consider older suitable trades.
There are very few minor imperfections with the car, keeping in mind that it
was made over 45 years ago, which I will certainly share with buyers.
The car is in 'drive any where condition'. We also have an array of
memorabilia, ( original factory warranty, California registration, keys,
stickers, color show room brochures, literature, & many new 1955 Chrysler,
parts in factory boxes, which have never been necessary.
Our 1955 Chrysler, New Yorker, Deluxe, Sedan with 68,000 documented,
original California 'HEMI' miles, is also for sale.
It is my pleasure to share purchase information about these three ( 3 )
beautiful Chrysler cars, with knowledgeable, serious buyers. They are like
'old gold jewelry', continually appreciating & enjoying driving them.
A recent serious accident determines that I sell my classic car treasures.
To view our cars, please visit our personal web pages at:
http://www.jps.net/cjenter  or visit
http://www.classiccaliforniacarcorner.com
Thank you for directing me to serious interest..

Reverend John Chabot M, Div.
Non profit, nondenominational, ministries.
P.O.B.No. 141,
Shingle Springs CA.
1-530-677-8685
e-mail: jcenter@xxxxxxx

The following 1955 Chrysler parts, etc. are ( optionally ) available.
1  ( 1955 )  factory manual
1 copy, description of engine factory specifications
1 copy, vehicle factory specifications
1 original show room 1955 color brochure
1 original black & white show room 1955 brochure
1 upper  long radiator hose
2 short radiator hose
2 fan belts
2 generator belts
1 complete water pump, assembly, with  housing
1 regulator with module
I oil filter
1 thermostat with gasket
1 complete fuel pump assembly
1 fuel line & connectors
1 distributor assembly
3 coil's
1 coil wire & connector
4 set points & condensers
1 complete set of hydraulic valve lifters
1 complete set of fuel injectors
1 extra gas cap
1  set of small bulbs
4 sets of resistor h/d spark plugs
1 set h/d plug wires
1 distributor cap
1 rotor
1 automatic choke assembly
2 fuel filters
2 fuel flex line & adapters, connectors
1 metal fuel line & connectors
1 oil filter housing with spindle
1 set of large bulbs
1  main manifold exhaust pipe
2 manifold  exhausts cross over pipes, left & right
1 (  2 ½ ft. manifold connector pipe )
2 front sealed beams & assembly
1 complete upper engine gasket kit
2 tail light assembly kits with lenses, right & left
1 bag of misc rubber  washers & manual numbered  adapter parts
1 rebuildable, power steering pump, hoses & attachments.
1 bag of misc rubber gaskets.
1 extra spare tire & wheel ( 2 ) total