[FWDLK] Fuel and brake lines

I attempted to run my fuel and brake lines.  I bought a double flaring tool
from ACE Hardware.  It is junk.  It cannot double flare anything.  I see a
refund coming this week.

There are springs wrapped around the lines on the original lines at each
point where damage or wear may occur.  I do not have a source to buy or make
springs, so as an alternate I was thinking shrinkable sleeving (polyolifin
type) would provide some abrasion resistance and lessen some impact damage
too.

This is not OEM, but is it a good idea?

Ken Rimington
1956 Dodge Custom Royal