[FWDLK] 1955 Brakes Part 2

Part  2
Well, little brother got a $200 fine, his license suspended for 6 months, dad sold the DeSoto, it still ran fine and looked good, it just smoked a little.  I deove my 55 Dodge for 10+ years.  Bought and restored a 55 DeSoto like dad's.  I now have 2 1955 DeSotos, a 55 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer, and a 1955 Dodge Station Wagon.  I have been driving 1955's continously for 40 years and have never had a brake concern or a serious problem.  Parts are available, parts for the master cylinders are out there, and the booster diaphram has been reproduced.  I've seen it in Hemmings, and have one in my car now, cost about $100.  Yes, I still have my dad's 66 Ply.  I also have a 52 DeSoto.  I have a 1960 Adventurer which I would like to sell.  It runs great, has hang on AC, but needs restoring.  I also have a 1960 Dodge Matador 2dr, Hdt.  It's really a neat looking car.  Not sure if I'll ever get arount to restoring it, I have over a lifetime of projects now.  Some of you may not believe this, but I think it may be possible to have too many cars.  Did I say that?  Don't worry about those 55 brakes.. There is a place in Cincinnati that will rebuild the power brake unit, but you will need to supply the diaphram......Abrams Power Brake.  If it is any consolation, Chrysler products of that era had the best emergency brake in the industry.  I've never had to use it in a real emergency, but a friend of mine did in his 1955 Chrysler 300.  He broke a brake line on the way to a car show in Detroit on the expressway, if it wasn't for the emergency brake he or the car might not still be with us today.  I always test mine every once in a while.  Good luck on all your projects.   Sincerely,  Joe P   Walton, KY