[FWDLK] "...be shot." is overkill!

In a message dated 10/15/00 9:02:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< To witness the sad mutilation of a '61 New Yorker
 (presumably minding its own business and not hurting
 anybody) into a stretch limo, go to
 http://www.bergenlimo.com/chrysler.html (be sure and
 have Kleenex and/or barf bags ready).

    This post from Mike Sealy last week leaves me baffled.  Mike, these
aren't religious artifacts  we're working with here.  These are, admittedly,
metal works of art, but mass produced for fast and stylish travel.  Take a
look at this auto.  I think it is beautiful.  And I am flattered that someone
with the means made a striking, useful service vehicle out if it.  Except for
the B pillars, it looks great.  I remember in the early sixties, when fins
were villified, like the Russians villified Stalin.  Ever wonder why so few
FL cars are at shows?  Yes, they rusted, but not after '57, and not that bad.
 My theory is that people hated the dated look of fins and wouldn't buy them
used.  I think they went very early to crushers.  This white limo shows the
average person (wedding attendee in this case) what a beautiful syle and
heritage Chryslers have.  I say keeping any of them alive in any for reason
in any form is "Right on,  brother!"       Andy Carpel, '59 Dodge, '53
Windsor, '65 Imperial