[FWDLK] Gas prices out of the USA

Dear forward lookers,

As much as I appreciate your willingness to do something about the gasoline
prices in your country, you have to admit that you american consumers are in
a privileged situation. About everywhere else in the world, gasoline prices
are about $3.80 a gallon, due to government and ecological taxes added to
the base price.

As much as I love those big american V-8 engines, you have to remember that
we are in a global warming situation and that we have to do something about
air pollution. I think that even if it is not always meant for that, high
gas prices help consumers and manufacturers to focus on efficient and high
mpg cars which is the best way to slow down pollution.

Now, having said that, I do realize that it borders on a political point of
view like all other messages concerning that gasoline issue. That stuff does
not belong here. Remember that we're a bunch of Mopar nuts all sharing a
common love for those '55 - '61 beauties.

Please, let's keep those subjects out of the list.

Vincent Van Humbeeck (France, where gas was over $4.50 two months ago)
'58 Plymouth Belvedere Sport Coupe