From: "David L. Greenberg" <landman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Gasoline
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 18:38:39 -0700

I don't normally forward things but thought this was worth a shot to show
where our spending power is to accomplish goals together.

Whoever started this has a good point.

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.49 is cheap.
Me
too!  And now it's $1.99 for regular unleaded here in Ventura,CA.
According to the Clinton Gore administration, gasoline will be a bargain
when it reaches $3.00 per gallon.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to
think
that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at less than $1.50, we need to
try
an aggressive response.  With the price of gasoline going up more each day,
we consumers need to take action.  The only way we are going to see the
price of gas come down is if we don't buy it.  But, that's not really a
practical option since we all have come to rely on our cars.  But we CAN
have an impact on gas prices if we all act together.

Here's the idea - For the rest of this year, don't purchase gasoline from
the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.  If they
are
not selling, they should be inclined to reduce their prices -- and if they
reduce their prices the other companies will too.  But to have an impact,
we
need to reach literally millions of users.  But it's doable!

I am sending this note to dozens ofpeople.  If each of you send it to at
least 10 more ..and those 10 send it to at least 10 more ...and so on -- by
the time the message reaches the fifth iteration we will have reached over
one million consumers.  Acting together we can make a difference.  If this
makes sense to you, please pass this message on, or one you compose, to at
least
10 more E-mail addresses.