Re: [FWDLK] Schrempp OUT!!!

Bill,

I totally agree with your analysis.  Lido had his day and there was a time
when I would have voted for him as president.  His strong point seemed to
be in recognizing talent and creating enough of a diversion to allow the
truly talented to be productive.  His weakest point was loving the
spotlight to the point of believing his own PR and taking credit for the
successes of others -- especially the truly talented.

The way things are going, I see the future DC lineup looking somewhat like
this:

rwd cars - german engineered
fwd cars - japanese engineered
minivans - chrysler
light trucks - dodge (perhaps badged Freightliner for export)

I seem to recall a quip just after the merger when, in response to a
query about how to say DaimlerChrysler, the answer was "the Chrysler is
silent".

I wonder what Walter P would have to say about all of this.  Personally,
I am disgusted and considering leaving the fold for my next new car
purchase. It will be very interesting to see what will happen to the
Viper if Mother Mopar can't start moving more Chrysler/Dodge badged cars
through the dealerships in the near future.

-mel

morning for Plymouth from the Oregon rain forest

Mel Lester Jr.       meljr@xxxxxxxxxxxx       http://www.connet80.com/~meljr