Re: [FWDLK] Seat Belts(Lap Belts)

"Robert Levanduski" <NLevandusk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I want to install a set of lap belts in the front
> seat of my 55 Plymouth Belvedere.  Any suggestions
> as to where I might find some.  I'd like to use
> new ones, but good used would be OK

Look for info. on a company called Bean's Industries
in Oklahoma City OK. I stumbled on a set of theirs at
the Turlock Swap Meet (at the National DeSoto Club
booth, BTW -- not a member but glad they had these two
pair).

Other than the male part of the buckle, these look
very similar to the Hickok belts Chrysler used in
their cars in the '60s. After installation (and thanks
again, Nick N.) they look very much like they would
have had the dealer installed them in the '60s. (These
actually aren't in the Plymouth but in my
loosely-Chrysler-related '59 Humber Super Snipe. No
matter, they look great.)

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban