[FWDLK] For Sale: '47 DeSoto restorod

Thanks for the interest in my DeSoto.  This car
just might be what you are looking for!  An early
DeSoto Hemi powered family car! All of the 'hard'
work is done!  All that is left to do is,(in this order)
get the exhaust bent up, wire it,  hang the front
air evarporator,  I got the mounts there.  (It can't
be wired with the front unit in place.)  Put the
interior back in,(if you don't like it, now is the
time to change it) bleed the brakes, and maybe a
couple of minor things that I can't think of right
now.  You'll have to ask.  Then, you'll
be 'riding' by summer!

I can tell you this, I have a little over $16,000
in the car.  I have a little over $4,000 in the
motor/trans alone.  You can buy it all, cheap, $8,500
cash!  You couldn't begin to build the car for that.
Everything is 'brand splinter new '!
To the right person this is one 'heck' of a bargan!
Let me know what you think.
                                    Thanks,    Rick

There are a lot of things I did to that car
that are not done on the 'High dollar' ones.
The whole inside is insulated.  You sit
inside and shut the door, it sounds like
you're in a vault!  I used all of the
orginal knobs, handles, and such.
Off the top of my head I can't think of
anything else, you have to remind me, just ask.

Well 'kick it around', show your friends the
pictures, and get back to me, on
what you decide.
                                   Thanks,    Rick

P.S.  If it means anything to you, I just live
a 'hop-skip-and-a-jump' off of I-68 there in WV.

The big reason that I can't finish/want to sell it,
because I get laid off almost every year.  Right now
I'm on disability, drawing $104. a week.  It's
hard to live on that.

The paint is good! First, the car IS NOT one of those
thirty thousand dollar plus show cars.  It's only
partialy detailed underneath.  Heck, as low as the
thing sits, you can't see underneath anyway! To some,
there is nothing wrong with the interior.  To me there
is too much black.  The interior is black and gray. I
would prefer all silver, or all light gray.  The 'jelly
bean' Caprices and Cadillacs have that light colored
gray interior I like.  The interior is out, so I could
insulate,
 (the insulation is a little over 1/4 inch thick with
aluminum type foil on both sides with those air bubles,
we like to pop, in the middle.  This stuff works great!)

and wire the car.  See, the OM wiring harness does not
lay on the floor.  It goes up through both windshield
posts, along each roof rails. Simple, easy, out of the
way, and you don't stomp, or walk on it!

Spread the word around, please!

I've sent a set of pictures to that Dave guy who has the
Early Hemi web. As far as being a popular rod, where someone
in the masses might like it. Beleive me, I could have sold
that car a good while ago, if it had a small chevy in it.
A lot of people do not understand a early Hemi.    Rick

Reply if interested.  -bill
Test drive a DeSoto today!