Re: [FWDLK] pulling rear brake hubs

LURK MODE OFF~~~

Hello FWDLK Fans!! Been a while for me to post. Anyway, as for the drum puller, AutoZone rents a Front Wheel Drive Axel puller for $20.00 (keep it as long as you need it, and if it breaks they replace it. Return it in 4 years and you still get your money back! So wierd..). It's what I used on the breaks on my Belvy. NOTE: Make sure when using ANY puller though, to leave the nut ON the axel shaft close to the outside edge of the threads. This will help prevent the end collapsing. Apply a generous amount of heat to the center area of the drum, then right before it cools, smack the puller with a heavy mallet or sledge hammer. Just make sure you are out of the way, as this thing will fly if on very secure. I have this puller in my possession and would be willing to send it to anyone in need of it. All I ask is they pay for return postage. Hope this helps some and have a good one!

Clay Wood
58 Plymouth
70 Super Bee
72 Swinger