Re: [FWDLK] Sportsman, Seville

--- Dave Duricy <desoto@xxxxxxx> wrote:

(snip)

> Seeking to make it's brand more affordable, DeSoto
> offered a Firedome Special hardtop in 1955, and
> then the Firedome Seville two and four door
> hardtops in 1956.

Don't forget the return of the Seville in 1959. Sure
would like to know how Chrysler and GM worked that
issue out, since Cadillac's hardtop version of the
Eldorado was also called a Seville... ...for that
matter, a friend who is a huge GM fan wanted to know
how Plymouth got away with using Suburban, since Chevy
had their truck-based at the same time, and had since
the '30s...

How sad that if folks under 30 know the name Sportsman
at all, they associate it with the passenger version
of the Dodge van. (Ditto Adventurer, only moreso.)

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban