Re: [FWDLK] Factory daubs/markings

Hi Glenn,
There are many interesting opinions on paint daubs/marks that are on all of Chrysler's car.  Basically though, it comes down to the fact that every car is different.  The advice I generally give people, and this was given to me by people who judge some of the biggest all Mopar shows in this country, is that you should put back on ONLY the marks that you find on YOUR car as you disassemble it.  Take pictures of these marks as you find them, and then duplicate them in the restoration.  This is just my advice.  You have to be the ultimate judge of this.  The marks are generally known as production marks and inspection marks.  As production marks, they are to identify the part as the car is assembled.  The torsion bar marks are production marks, as all cars SHOULD have them.  Doesn't mean they will, but they should.  On the rear ends of muscle cars, as the rear differential was inspected the inspector put a white slash of paint on the housing to indicate it was OK.  This is a insp!
ection mark.  Not all cars have them.  These are just examples.  I have seen Hemi cars that got every mark that is 'known' put on them and it looks as if a piant factory exploded under the car.  As for the rest of it, hopefully the more knowlegable members can help you.

Just my 2 pennies,
Have fun,
God, I would hate to try to find parts in New Zealand!
Chargin'Charles--->>>