[FWDLK] 58 Ply Steering Column Seal

Hi All -

Pulled the steering column out of my 58 Ply today in preparation for
detailing.  There are two seals where the column goes thru the firewall.
One is a rubber triangular one and the other is an 8 inch square, rubber
coated, metal-reinforced piece that attaches to the firewall with five
bolts.  I looked in the Gary Goers catalog and the rubber triangular piece
is available, but there is no mention of the metal-reinforced piece.  Did
notice, however, that he sells a similar piece for 59 Dodge.  I was curious,
so I pulled out the piece for my 59 Dodge.  Same piece !  This is great
news, since the rubber coating on mine was all but gone.  Note : Gary needs
the original as a core since he reuses the metal backing.

Ron