[FWDLK] Everything's "spline" - :

One other thing to always check on clutch discs - it is always a good idea
to slide the new disc on the input shaft prior to installation, but be sure
you try it "both" ways - I ran into one that would fit the "wrong" way, but
not the "right" way (there is always an "engine side" and a "pressure plate"
side to a disc)  I guess the splines were "punched" instead of machined, and
their punch machine must have been screwed up.  I kept removing the trans &
clutch assy, then turning to the trans jack and putting the disc on the
input shaft - I must have done this four times before I realized I was
"flipping" the disc before I tried to stick it on the trans.  What a PIA.
That was the first (and last!) time *that* happened though....!
Regards,
DaveG.