Re: [FWDLK] 1958, 1957 Dual Quad Air Cleaner Differences

Re: [FWDLK] 1958, 1957 Dual Quad Air Cleaner Differences

I have seen a pair of air cleaners identical to those on a 57 Fury, except for
the back of the air cleaner, the part of the main body where the tube enters it
from the carb. On a 57 Fury, (and maybe others) the back of the air cleaner has
an embossed ridge pattern on it, whereas the others that I have seen are
completey flat on the back.
Does anyone know what car these are off?
I had heard some time ago that 58 air cleaners were reproduced somewhere in
Scandinavia.
Glenn Barratt,
57 Fury,
Auckland, New Zealand.